Saturday, October 25, 2014

National Day of Action Wednesday, Oct 29th-Carry That Weight

A month or so ago, I wrote a brief post about Emma Sulkowicz and her protest/art piece entitled Carry that Weight (earlier post). Her protest as been spreading due to its powerful message and the need for issues of sexual and domestic violence to be addressed in our current society.  

This Wednesday, October 29th the movement has organized a National Day of Action.  I encourage you to participate, check out their website/facebook and learn more!  While I will not be dragging my mattress around, I certainly shall participate with my pillow and pamphlets!


STUDENTS, STAFF, FACULTY, AND EVERYDAY CITIZENS ACROSS THE COUNTRY WILL STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH SURVIVORS OF SEXUAL AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BY CARRYING MATTRESSES TOGETHER OR PILLOWS. TOGETHER, WE ARE BUILDING THE MOVEMENT TO MAKE SEXUAL ASSAULT ON COLLEGE CAMPUSES UNACCEPTABLE.
http://www.carryingtheweighttogether.com/national_day_of_action

https://www.facebook.com/carryingtheweighttogether

No comments:

Post a Comment